About Our Conditioners
Larcom & Mitchell’s Standardbred and Thoroughbred track conditioners are the original machines that set the standard for excellence throughout the horse racing industry. Our track conditioners incorporate a rigid, heavy duty steel frame that is built to last. Steel cross beams on the track conditioners add strength and contain specially hardened, carbide tipped teeth. The carbide tipped teeth are positioned on the beams for effective and complete working of the track surface.
Precise control of the working depth of the teeth is accomplished by an integrated roller assembly system.
The roller assembly provides compaction for the track surface. This combination enables the conditioner to work down high spots and provide a perfect surface. Larcom & Mitchell’s professional grade track equipment is used by leading NTRA and HTA race tracks worldwide. All conditioners are made with pride in the USA.
Standard and Optional Features
- Larcom & Mitchell track conditioners are available in standard 10’4″, 12′ and 13’3″ sizes to meet the needs of different track widths
- Standardbred roller sizes: 10.5″ or 18″
- Thoroughbred roller sizes: 13’3″ 22″
- 10 1/2″ to 22″ wheels ensure better flotation for different track surfaces. The extra weight provides a more consistent base and cushion
- The optional leveling bar available in all sizes.
- Hydraulic lift cylinders raise the entire track conditioner for easy transport and also control the depth of cushion with cylinder stops.
- 4″ to 8″ gusset plates support the teeth and give 33% more clearance for material to move through the track conditioner.
Tungsten Carbide Tipped Teeth
The following standard teeth sizes are available:
- 8″ standard hardened tooth with 3/4″ tungsten carbide tip. (for 10′ rollers)
- 11″ standard hardened tooth with 3/4″ tungsten carbide tip. (for 18′ rollers)
- 13″ standard hardened tooth with 3/4″ tungsten carbide tip. (for 22′ rollers)